Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Love Lucy by Lucille Ball


Wow, sorry for the long delay between posts. Life kind of got in the way, but I'm back and I am going to do the best I can to keep this blog regularly updated. So, off we go!


I’ll say it right up front: I’m a huge fan of Lucille Ball. So, when I came across Love, Lucy in a used bookstore I just knew that I had to get it. This book was written by Lucille Ball, chronicling her life, though it ends somewhere around 1964. It was only after her death in 1989 that her son and daughter decided to publish her words for the world to read.

This book is a quick, easy, and fun read. Lucille Ball’s voice shines through page after page, so it was obvious to me that this book received very little, if any at all, editing. She also gets into the details of her marriage with Desi and her role on the show that everyone knows: I Love Lucy. However, she does not go into depth into the emotional side of things, so it may not be the nitty-gritty details that people might be looking for when they pick up her autobiography.

Despite that, I absolutely loved this book. I felt like I was sitting right there beside Lucille Ball and she was just engaging me in a conversation. Love, Lucy is written in that kind of casual, conversational tone that, as a reader, I love. I felt like she wasn’t trying to hide anything, she just wanted to put down in words what it felt like to be her.

I highly recommend this book, and I give it the full 5 out of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment