Saturday, February 12, 2011

Salting Roses by Lorelle Marinello


I decided to read Salting Roses based on the recommendation from a friend of mine. I have to say, I was not disappointed.

The story revolves around a young woman, Gracie, who was abandoned on her uncle's doorstep when she was just a baby. On her 25th birthday a young stranger comes around to inform her that she is to receive an inheritance of over 600 million dollars. Long-lost family starts coming out of the woodwork and they help Gracie discover exactly who she is and where her roots are.

This book absolutely captivated me from the first page. The relationship that Gracie has with her Uncle's family is heartfelt and genuine and there is no secret of how strongly they feel toward each other. Her family is a cast of characters that warmed my heart.

Gracie herself is a strong woman, but she is not perfect. She has several insecurities that made me love her and really feel for everything this woman is going through. It was refreshing to see the main character have some faults and doubts, it made her seem more realistic.

I cannot recommend this book enough. It made laugh and it made me tear up. I give it 5 out of 5 stars and wish that I could give it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment